Explore offers rental NRS Freestone Drifters. These boats are the perfect balance between fishability and forgiveness- making them the perfect boats for exploring the Madison, Yellowstone, Jefferson, Gallatin, Missouri, Big Horn, and Beaverhead Rivers. Our boats come fully equipped and ready to fish.
These boats are perfect for Montana’s rivers. They are sized and perform life a classic South Fork Skiff, just a lot more forgiving. Less running Yankee Jim on the Yellowstone, these boats are perfect for anything floatable in Montana. They are also perhaps the best boat made for Smith River trips.
All you need is a vehicle to tow with and a couple of fly rods (we can rent those too!).
From NRS, the manufacturer:
“It’s perfect for those technical streams where the fishing’s great but a rigid hull isn’t practical.
- The self-bailing inflatable hull handles rocks and shallow water like a raft while tracking as stealthily as a traditional drift boat.
- The 14′ Freestone’s smaller size and lower hull height make it highly maneuverable in technical water and capable in windy conditions.
- Made of tough drop-stitch PVC material, the Freestone inflates to a very rigid 9 psi, creating a stout 14-foot drift boat. You can inflate the floor up to 15 psi for the best performance with heavier loads in rough water.
- You can easily disassemble the modular frame and roll up the deflated hull for convenient transport and storage.
- The Freestone inflatable drift boat stows readily in a garage, car or small aircraft, or you can ship it UPS to your next fishing destination.
- High rocker in the bow and stern shorten the waterline for superior tracking and anchoring while helping the boat ride over waves.
- The three-chamber design and frame ensure it will keep floating and rowing even if an air chamber is compromised.
- Casting stations in the bow and stern feature swiveling Angler Seats, diamond plate decks and Thigh Hooks with Stripping Baskets for secure, comfortable casting in smooth or rough water.
- A rigid transom in the stern allows you to attach a small outboard motor.
- A padded rowing seat and adjustable foot bar ensure all-day comfort for the oarsman.
- An integrated pulley system lets the oarsman operate the anchor from the rowing seat.
- A heavy-duty rub rail on the gunwales protects high-wear areas.”