For the summer of 2020 we have added a bunch of STAR Outlaw 140s to the rental fleet. STAR is NRS’s commercial line of rafts; bulletproof by design and thoughtful execution throughout. The Outlaw series features a drop-stitch floor (the stuff that paddleboards are made out of) which is great to stand up and fish from. The 14′ size is big enough to pile on the family, or 3-4 and gear.
- STAR Outlaw 140 raft
- NRS Big Horn 3-bay frame (or 4 on request)
- Stern swivel seat
- Low back rower’s seat
- Drop in cooler for front seat, either a Yeti 65 or Canyon Prospector 103 (included)
- Adjustable thigh brace
- 3x Oars, with oar tethers
- NRS 55L dry bag containing 3x NRS PFDs (more available), repair kit, K-Pump
- 1/2″ socket wrench to adjust the frame as desired
These boats are a great value to comfortably float any river in Montana. We are happy to tweak frames to fit more people, or be more hardcore for fishing. Trailers are not included in the price, but are available.
Down River Equipment
Down River Equipment offers premium made-in-the-USA rafting products. From innovative gear storage solutions, to the best raft rod tubes on the market.
Northwest River Supply, out of Moscow, ID. NRS makes the best river supplies on the market. From rafts to life jackets, their stuff is as good as it gets.
Star is a subsidiary of NRS, complementing the NRS brand but focusing on commercial usage products.
Considered by many to be the best all-around raft size, the 14′ STAR Outlaw 140 gives you the load capacity for multiday trips for 2-3 people, room for fishing, and stability for big water boating.
- The Outlaw 140 gives you the air volume and stability for big loads and big water while still feeling manageable on smaller technical streams.
- The STAR Outlaw Series combines classic raft designs with modern materials and construction for premium performance you can afford.
- STAR rafts and catarafts are built with advanced-formula PVC material using state-of-the-art seam welding technology, resulting in superior abrasion resistance, longevity and air retention.
- Heavy-duty tube and floor material shrugs off encounters with rocks and the wear and tear that comes with years of adventures.
- Frame wear patches on top of the tubes, plus extra material on the bottoms of the side tubes for added protection.
- Comes with two removable thwarts with room to add a third thwart for up to six paddlers, plus a guide in the stern.
- The BAT (Batten Attachment Thwart system) lets you easily add or remove thwarts to accommodate paddlers or a rowing frame.
- The floor insert also attaches to the self-bailing bottom using the BAT system.
- Includes twelve 1.5″ stainless steel D-rings and four carry handles.
- Three separate air chambers in the outer tube keep you afloat in the event of a puncture.
- Top-quality Leafield C7 inflation valves ensure trouble-free performance.
Our rental 14′ boats have basic, but versatile, NRS Bighorn II frames.
|Frame Type:||Raft Frames|
|Weight:||60″ x 88″ is 54 lbs.|
|Material:||Modular Anodized Aluminum Frame|
- 2 – Side Rails
- 1 – Foot Bar
- 5 – Cross Bars
- 1 – Universal Seat Mount
- 1 – Low-Back Seat
- 1 – Pair of 8″ Oar Mounts
- 4 – NRS 9′ Straps with Strap Slides (Suspend the cooler or drybox)
Included with Rental
Our 14′ boats come ready to go. Included in the base price:
Raft, frame, oarlocks, 3-oars, 3 Adult PFDs, storage bag for PFDs, rower’s seat, and bowline.
We recommend adding a platform for a bow seat or an appropriate cooler (like a Yeti that is designed to fit between frame rails).
You may also consider adding a stern seat, anchor system, dry box, and/ or drop bags.
Trailers are not included with rental, but available. Maximum stacking of 2 per trailer is allowed.